1 pound thick-cut Bacon, cut into ¾ - inch pieces
2 small Sweet Onions, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large Shallot, peeled and very thinly sliced
½ cup Three Rivers Farm Maple Syrup
¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper
1. Set a large Dutch over or heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally until it begins to brown and crisp. about 15-20 minutes.
3. Keep all the bacon fat in the pan; do not discard.
4. Lower the heat to medium. Stir in the onions and shallots, and cook until softened 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour in 1/2 cup of water and stir to combine.
7. Bring the mixture to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook until the jam has a glossy appearance and syrup-like consistency, about 1 hour.
8. Allow the mixture to cool for 20-30 minutes.
7. Transfer to a blender and pulse a few times to puree the larger pieces, stopping every pulse or two to stir and check the consistency- it should be thick and chunky, not a paste.
8. Transfer to an airtight container.
9. Bacon jam can be refrigerated for up to one month.
Serve at room temperature.
Free shipping on orders over $65!
Use code FREESHIP65 to get your order shipped completely free!!